The challenge was to develop a football fan-site from scratch for Abdul Latif Jameel – the sponsor of the Saudi Pro Football League in under 6 weeks. The design approach was vibrant and engaging, and quickly attracted a large following.
We took user engagement to a whole new level through gamification, with all campaigns created to support one main objective: earning fan credits. The more the user interacts with the content online, the more they gain fan credits that they can redeem on the site for prizes (Abdul Latif Jameel products).
Digital strategy, web design and user experience, front and back end development, digital marketing, animation and video production, mobile and tablet apps; social media, product management, and online relationship management, social media marketing and advertising, digital advertising and commercialization of the platform as a publisher for advertisers.
- Generate and deliver unique content for football fans to enjoy
- Build a large online community from scratch and raise awareness
- Provide a unique destination for news and information on the ALJ League
- Provide a portal for football fans to interact and discuss the ALJ League with their peers
- Provide access to unique content and competitions
- Generate ROI through the commercialization of ALJLeague.com
- Showcase all match day and community activities undertaken by the ALJ League sponsorship
- Provide a pathway to other product and brand sites (e.g. Toyota; Bab Rizq Jameel, Toshiba)
- Provide a platform to gather customer data and user behavior information in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- The digital channels for ALJ League have been mentioned globally on social media by international digital sporting brands such as FIFA, NIKE and EUROSPORT
- Effective measure ranked aljleague.com in 2015 as a the second sports website in Saudi Arabia
- Database acquired of 250,000+ registered users
- Over 2,200,000 social media followers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google+
- Over 100,000,000 gamification fan credits earned through fans redeemed valuable prizes from the sponsor of the league